Winter can bring some challenges when it comes to being active. However, being active doesn’t always mean intense exercise. In fact, just going for a little walk around the block, or doing some exploring can be very beneficial. Even on days when going outdoors is unbearable, there are plenty of fun ways to stay active this winter! Check out our list below for some ideas to get teens and kids up and moving.
Fun Ways to Stay Active This Winter for Kids and Teens
- Go roller skating.
- Visit a local gym or YMCA for a class or open play.
- Visit an aquarium.
- Swim at an indoor pool.
- Take turns choosing an online workout that the whole family can do.
- Challenge friends and family at indoor laser tag.
- Have an epic snowball fight, complete with forts, of course!
- Try indoor rock climbing.
- Have a museum day and walk around multiple neat museums.
- Shop and walk around the mall.
- Go cosmic bowling.
- Be a local tourist and explore a nearby town like a tourist would.
- Go to a zoo, and get a hot chocolate.
- Dance and jam out at an indoor concert.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter.
- Go to a classic arcade.
- Build a crazy-looking snowman.
- Jump around at an indoor trampoline park.
- Attend an interesting class at a local library.
- Cook or bake a new recipe together. Music in the kitchen is a must.
There are so many ways to enjoy winter without always having to endure the outdoors. The biggest challenge is to not get stuck constantly watching tv or laying around for extended periods without moving. Getting out and being active can help beat the winter blues. Plus, you and your family can spend quality tome together. Keep with it and it will be spring before you know it!
Sources: Very Well Family, Raising Teens Today